Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Dining Plan

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. Looking back I can see that it has almost been a month. That is ridiculous. I need to get better about posting something almost every day. So I will post again today.

I have been working on getting together some trips for people and so I decided that I would actually do a break down of the costs and see if it was really worth it to get the Disney dining plan. I hate to say this but it is really all going to depend on what you like to do on your vacation. If you like to eat then it is probably something that you will want to do. So here is the break down of what you get.

Quick Service
  • 2 quick service meals (meal, dessert, and drink)
  • 2 snacks
  • 1 refillable mug per person
Dining Plus
  • 1 quick service meal (meal, dessert, and drink)
  • 1 sit down dinner
  • 1 snack
Premium Dining Package
  • 3 meals (mix and match quick service and sit down)
  • 2 snacks
  • 1 mug per person
So there are the plans and what you get. Looking at everything you get I figured out that if you were to order the most expensive thing for every option at all of your meals it would save you $6.97 a day for Quick Service and $6.59 a day for the dining plus. What you eat should definitely be taken into effect when you are looking at this package.

The premium package could be a really good deal if you like all of the food and only if you utilize two sit down meals a day. If you did two quick service and a sit down it would not be worth the money. But if you do the sit down meals on the premium package you will get the appetizers. And that adds to the value!

I have done the dining plan once. And it was when it first started. What I remember was it was a ton of food. I mean almost too much! But if you like to eat on your vacation that is definitely the way to do it.

Don't forget that you can use two table service meals to get one special dining. Special dining would be character meals, Hoopy Doo Revue, and Ohana. I have done that a few times and they were well worth it.

I hope that this post helps you looking at the meal plan. If you have any questions feel free to contact me and I can talk you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment