Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Touring the Galaxy

So in 2 days they are going to opening up the new Star Tours. My friends are actually riding it today. I am waiting to hear back from them. But on some of the things that I have already heard is that it is awesome. They have added 3-D effects to this ride and I am very excited for that.

They have also added random elements to the ride. It can go to different destinations. They say that you would have to ride it 6 hours straight before you saw all of the random elements. And that is so very cool to me. It has always been one of my favorite rides. I know that it was built in the 90s but it was still one of those rides that I will go on over and over again. Just walking through the Ewok village is really cool. If you listen closely you will hear the Ewoks talking in the trees. and AT-AT is such an awesome picture opportunity.

And a few years ago they built a Jedi Academy stage. This is a really fun place to go and watch the kids battle Darth Vador in light saber battles. If you want to get your kid on stage to do this activity make sure that you get there early. The shows are multiple times in a day.

It just so happens to coincide with Star Wars weekends. Star Wars weekends have always been a really cool time to go to Hollywood Studios. It is crowded but a lot of fun for the Star Wars fans. This year the Star Wars celebs are not as big names but there are still some cool people. Ray Parks is going to be there. He played Darth Maul and does some really cool stuff at his question and answer times. I think that he is going to be there two weekends.

They also offer a lot of exclusive Star Wars weekend merchandise. You could spend an hour walking through the merchandise area and just looking at everything. They have these things called Big Figs that you have to check out. One of my favorite is Mickey Mouse dressed up like Luke Skywalker with Yoda on his back. It is really awesome. Or Goofy as Darth Vador with his red Mickey Boxers on. Very funny. They also had the Muppets dressed as Star Wars characters as well.

So if you get a chance go and check out Star Tours or Star Wars weekends. I know if I was down there I would totally go.

"The force will be with you. Always."

No comments:

Post a Comment