Thursday, May 12, 2011

A Pirates life for me

So a week from today I will be getting my ticket to go and see the new Pirates movie. I have not kept it a secret that the Pirates movies are some of my favorites of all time. I have been very excited to see this movie since I heard they announced it at the D23 expo a few years ago.

From everything that I have seen of the movie it is going to continue on with the same style and feel that the last 3 had. I was glad to see that Geoffrey Rush was back in the film. Barbossa is one of the best characters in the show. And the addition of Ian McShane as Blackbeard is going to be a very welcome addition. I wonder if we will see a little cameo from Kiera Knightley? I would certainly hope so.

Pirates has always been one of my favorite attractions at Walt Disney World. So when I heard that they were going to make a movie way back in the early 2000s I was not too sure what it was going to be like. I actually held off a little bit to see it. But then I saw it and it was instantly one of my favorites. And they then added Captain Jack to the ride and I could not have been more pleased with what they did. They could have really messed it up by putting him in. But they left the ride almost untouched except for the addition of the Captain and Barbossa. The changes enhanced the ride and gave it a fresh look for the new guests that come there every year.

I am seeing the midnight show so I will be sure to give a review after I see it. Hopefully it is not like the 4th Indiana Jones.

"When you marooned me on that god forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate: I’m Captain Jack Sparrow"

No comments:

Post a Comment